Dogs tend to have omnivorous nutritional needs and a dietary behaviour that varies according to the breed. The feeding pattern of beagles, for example, is very similar to that of cats, with multiple meals divided during the day and, if possible, at night. Basenjis and poodles, on the other hand, only eat during the day.

Actually, adult pet dogs could adapt to one meal a day, although it is advisable to divide the daily ration into two meals. This is especially true for medium-large dogs, as a preventive measure of the gastric dilatation-torsion syndrome to which they are particularly prone.

About 80% of the food eaten is used by the dog to meet its energy needs, while the remaining 20% ​​covers the needs for proteins, minerals and vitamins.

feed our dog in Summer

What to feed the dog in the summer?

Vitamin requirements are particularly increase in summer. A dog’s diet in summer must therefore privilege foods rich in water and vitamins.

Fruit and vegetable-based snacks should not be missed, as they are valuable sources of water, vitamins and minerals.

What fruit can you give your dog in the summer?

Watermelon, apple, pear, banana, melon, strawberries … they are all ideal summer fruits for dogs!

1 feed our dog in Summer

A fresh and genuine food for dogs in the summer? Fruit or vegetable ice cream!

A dog’s diet in summer can satisfy even the greediest palates.

Blend at a high-speed frozen fruit and plain yogurt in equal parts until they are reduced to a soft frozen cream… and there it is! The snack is ready. To make it even tastier, dr Barbara Tonini, a famous veterinary nutritionist, suggests to you can add some chopped mint leaves or pureed dried nuts.

This is a quick and easy recipe to get a delicious and healthy snack for everyone, even your dog friend.

And if you want to be luxurious, you can prepare the energy version based on carrots, almond milk and whipped vegetable cream… a real delicacy!

Fruit (or vegetable) ice cream can be enjoyed immediately, or it can be stored in the freezer using an ice cube tray and consumed within 2 months.

Preparation time: 5 minutes. The dose? A small dog can be given up to 2-3 cubes per day, increasing proportionally with the size of the dog.